Sunday, December 6, 2009

Vintage Postcard


OK, obviously I lost it with this blog, not posting for quite some time. Not really a loss of interest or anything like that, not sure why but I haven't abandoned the idea. This is a postcard that came with an old photo album I bought recently. Unfortunately no information on or with it about the subjects.

There was another that I will post soon, interior view of this store or another, not sure. In the future I will likely mix things up a bit, photos, ( the original idea of the blog) but also the vintage ads and illustrations from the old magazines I collect here and there. I wont change the name of the blog but the ads are likely to be more numerous as I just have more of them. Hoping that if people look here now and then they will be happy with this, that the whole idea of course, to share with those of similar interests.

5 comments:

  1. I was excited to find your blog even if you don't post as often you'd like:) i have a blog event called postcard Friday if your interested. Postcard fans share a mail themed post by posting their link on something called a Mr Linky that I set up Fridays on my blog. You're welcome to pop by! http://cpaphilblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,
    I just came across your blog while preparing the December edition of A Festival of Postcard. It's called WHITE - which of course includes any b/w/ postcards and I would like to feature this one.
    If you'd like to check out the last issue you can see it here:
    http://acanadianfamily.com/2009/10/29/a-festival-of-postcards-5th-ed-quadrupeds-a-canadian-family/
    Please leave a message in a comment box if you would like to be featured.
    Evelyn in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you both and apologize for not checking in here recently, a little busy with the holiday season approaching. Evelyn, pleae feel free to use this image Hope to get back to posting soon

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dave - I too have had a slow time in posting (new responsibilities at work). But, if I can get back at it - you can! I look forward to your future posts, which are always interesting and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mike, I did miss your posts and are glad you are able to do more again. I figure after the Christmas season I will be more regular again. Right now the wife is in panic crisis as her family comes here Christmas eve and of course the house isn't ready,baking not finished, shopping left to do etc etc. I admit I could be more helpful but I do try, honest.
    If no posts before then Merry Christmas to you and anyone else that may happen to read this.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete