Thursday, February 26, 2009

Aurora Trolley


I have a "thing" for trolley cars, not sure why. Just because they so symbolize a whole era that has my interest. Todays photo is a trolley, rail car that once ran between Aurora and Geneva Illinois, adding to my interest in it as those towns are near where I live now and I was born and once lived in Aurora. I can't date the photo at all although some research might narrow it down. My guess would be twenties or thirties.
For those that enjoy old photos if you never have you should visit WWW.shorpy.com. They have daily postings of several old photos of great interest and with quite a following usually a lot of follow up comments and information about the images. Images there are available elsewhere on the web usually but Shorpy picks out the good ones and posts high resolution. Worth a visit and if you haven't been there before have some sancks and be ready to sit for awhile as you will likely be tied up looking for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment