Monday, May 11, 2009

Glyndon,Minnesota Garage


This pic was from an album I bought on Ebay from Glyndon. A group of fourth graders had put it together as a kind of salute to thier town. No date but my guess is the early 1920's. This picture is one of the reasons I wanted it, showing the old gas pump. The town had two garages but the other showed just the building, no pumps or cars. Most of the pictures are not too remarkable but the album is well put together, overall a good job for the kids.

.

3 comments:

  1. great image! wouldn't be the same without the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures, especially the 1920's. I did find a newpaper ad for the gasoline company in the sign. The ad was dated 1928. I don't have the time right now to look deeper, but it's interesting.
    Keep up the great work. I agree with Marianne's statement: the kids make the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both for your comments. Glyndon still is around and still not a huge town. The other pictures in the album were interesting as a whole, several with the kids in them but likely will not see posting as the buildings themselves not awful interesting or much else in them. They did have two small grocery stores, one described as being owned by the glyndon company but I wasn't able to find what company that might have been.

    ReplyDelete