Monday, May 4, 2009

Reading


Keeping with the thread of my last post again a look inside the home, this one a gent reading his newspaper. The other is a page out of a catalogue that came today, one that I bought on Ebay. The catalogue is neat to me, from 1911 listing all the Kodak camera's available with prices and accessories. If there is any interest I could post more from this, lots of different cameras and related stuff but most pics are like this, hand drawn. Only a couple of pictures in it. I've got the book to look at so if no one is eager to see more I wont go to the bother of scanning it all to show here but if anyone wants to see it I wouldn't mind scanning more.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the price - proportionate to the income of the era. $65.00 may not sound like a whole lot of money today - but in 1911 it was a pretty hefty hunk of a paycheck.

    I also like to picture of the man reading the newspaper - though I have to admit that I really wish I could see the headlines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camera's range in price, likely depending on the lens with of course the general construction. I likely will post a few of the other pages at least although today I went to the grandsons ball game so ended up with nothing ready. ( his team got whupped although they don't officially keep score.)

    ReplyDelete