Friday, July 17, 2009

Metropolitan Back Cover 1900


Should have a couple of posts today if the upload goes quickly enough. Kind of make up for days I haven't got to it lately. This one is the back cover from the August 1990 issue of Metropolitan Magazine. The copy I have is in nice condition and a very interesting magazine, includes a lot of photos for the year and ads. There is an article by Col. William F Cody on "Riders of the World" and another about how New York City was dealing with the homeless and destitute of that era.

I will scan a few other ads and pics if I can do so without harming the magazine. This scan was easy as its a small mag and being the back cover I didn't have to hold it open. I like the Smith and Wesson ad myself although the garters are interesting also. Do men wear garters anymore? I have seen a few that should be I know, socks dangling around the ankle but don't remember seeing them on sale anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment