Sunday, July 5, 2009

Victrola


Once again an ad from a magazine instead of the usual snapshot. Again, not to worry, I am not out of snapshots to post but find this interesting and hope that others will also. If I could find these Victrola's in new condition at those prices I sure would buy a few. The magazine was a 1910 issue of Theatre though so I suppose the sale is over by now. I'm not really interested that much in Theatre but when I can find an issue at a decent price I get it as the pictures are great. Nice shots of vintage actors, fashions and in the later (1920's) issues great car pictures and ads. I wouldn't destroy a magazine to get the ad but have some that are coming apart at the seams so it's easy to get a page out.

1 comment:

  1. I love it... the Victrola Talking Machine. Quite a hefty price for 1910, though - way out of reach of the 'common' man.
    I can't help but think of how much things change - and don't change! I just bought new cell phones for the family, and they all have space for you to put in a card that you load MP3 music on. I guess you can listen to music when not talking. Incredible.
    And - the phones take pictures and short videos, too! And - were priced less than the Victrola!
    Keep up the ads and pictures! They are a joy to see!
    Mike from 80% chance of rain all day Florida

    ReplyDelete