Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chief Justice 1900


I do apologize for the poor scan. Beside photos I also collect old magazines because aside from interesting reading they are full of photographs of course. This is from the March 1900 isue of

The Successful American Illustrated and is a portrait of then Supreme Court Chief Justice Melville Weston Fuller. I was prompted to post this due to the recent appointment to the Court. With the photo is a short biography of the subject. Other then Justice Fuller the magazine features the rest of the Court, men and women of the White House, Secretaries of War Navy, etc, many Senators and important businessmen. I'm sure Mike would find it fascinating, too bad we don't live closer as I would be happy to loan it too him. I probably wont post any more of it as it's hard to get a good scan without taking the magazine apart but not to worry, I am far from out of photos to post.

1 comment:

  1. Very intereting post... and a magazine I haven't heard of. Of course, I used to get lost in the early Scientific American magazines at Ill. State Univ., Normal.
    Let's see... Fuller's birthday is Feb. 11. Maybe I'll do a Great Lives article on him to celebrate his birthday!
    Thanks for the great posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete