Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The fun part of vintage automobiles




I do have an obvious facination with the "olden days", sometimes even thinking to myself that I was born at the wrong time in history. I am especially fond of the early automobiles and my collection of vintage photos includes many. It's not hard to see though that the grass isn't always greener on the other side or the other time for that matter. No CD, MP3 players, no radio or heat and the roads weren't quite what they are today. ( well maybe not in places other then Illinois). Tires didn't have 30,000 or 40,000 mile quarentees either. I have a couple series of pictures like this in my collection and have an idea it was a pretty familiar sight along the roads in the early 1900's. I've seen more then one picture where the car was packing not one but two or more spares. From the looks of it it was a good workout changing one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment