Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Niagra Falls







Three images today from someones trip to Niagra Falls, 1920's I would guess from the cars in the one picture. I have never been so I have no idea how much it has changed but I'm sure a lot.
I went to the Official website to get a feeling for the history and didn't find much. They did say that the first to go over the falls in a barrel was in 1901, a woman schoolteacher in her sixties?
She did survive. They did say that the history of the falls would leave a history buff "captivated" and mentionedthe importance of the area in the war of 1812 but having said that there was nothing else, leaving me less then captivated. I guess to reach that state requires a little more effort and searching.

2 comments:

  1. my parents went there for their honeymoon many years ago and that was the place for everyone to go for the honeymoon in 1949.I think most the photos I see from there are pretty much the same. These are pretty interesting with the cars and the falls behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few other pics of the falls, kind of like the capitol building or atlantic city, all popular spots, but this is one of the clearest I have. My parents also were married in 1949 although I don't know if or where they honeymooned. They divorced a few years later so a little more romance might have been good.

    ReplyDelete