Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aviator and Planes


Here are two photo's that came from one album I recently obtained. The album is one of those where they did not unfortunately write in any information as to the people or location so I have no idea who the aviator is. I'm going under the impression he was wwI era and from wealthy people and that he was USA. I did some googling on the names of the two planes and on aviators of that period but so far nothing. The planes look the same but I think one is a biplane and the other a single wing. Niether appear to be military. Guessing that they were the personal planes of the man and his wife. If they lived in the structure to the rear they certainly were wealthy. I'm thinking I should be able to figure out who this was but nothing so far.

2 comments:

  1. David: I think the planes are toys. I could be wrong - it's been a loooong day - but they look like toys with a photo taken from ground level.

    Just a thought.

    Love the site - which is why I visit daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now that you have said that and I go back and look you may be right. I did think something was strange about the tail. My eyes aren't as good as they were. There are other pictures of the planes in the album so I'll have to go back and check them. Thanks for the input and your reading.

    ReplyDelete